June 24, 2004

Doubt it...

The hockey player who attacked another on the ice, resulting in a broken neck for that player and multiple other injuries, is being charged
w/assult
.

He says
"Steve, I just want to apologize for what happened out there," he said at the time. "I had no intention of hurting you. I feel awful for what transpired."


Or, in other words, "when I clocked you from behind, I didn't realize it might cost me my career". I am glad they're charging him with assualt - it should be more. A grown man has no justification for doing that to another in a professional sporting event.

They say it has already cost him over $500,000 in salary and he's off the world cup team. Good. I would think he'd be banned from professional sports as well, but that's just me. I like to hold people accountable for their actions.

No comments: