June 02, 2004

Top 10...

Today's popular internet list is top 10 country songs - finally a list I can make where I actually know something about the subject ;-)

10. "Crazy" by Patsy Cline
9. "Blue" by LeeAnn Rimes (was written for Patsy to sing)
8. "Convoy" by CW McCall
7. "Battle of New Orleans" by CW McCall
6. "Flowers On the Wall" by Statler Brothers
5. "Nobody" by Sylvia
4. "It's Your Love" by Tim McGraw & Faith Hill
3. "Swingin'" by John Anderson
2. "Tight Fittin Jeans" by Mel McDaniel
1. "Tenessee Flat Top Box" by Roseanne or Johnny Cash (either version)

I am a HUGE country music fan and my favorite thing about XM Radio is the old country music channel (channel 10) and their ChartHistory show (it's a show listing the top 20 songs for a given list type - songs about a color, songs of the 80s, songs about topic X, Y, or Z).

I realize I also left off some other favorites, and this is my blog, so here goes:

anything else by Tim McGraw
"Elvira" by Oak Ridge Boys
any #1 from Alabama
"God Bless The USA" by Lee Greenwood
"Coat of Many Colors" by Dolly
"The Gambler" and "The Coward of the County" by Kenny

No comments: