April 16, 2009

TAXES

DAMMIT.

In our mail yesterday was a tax notice for $944. And I am really irritated by this on MANY MANY LEVELS.

1. There are TONS of people (most of them were picked by Mr. President to serve in his administration) that DO NOT PAY TAXES and aren't being chased down by the IRS. And yet they come after little old ME who pays a metric ton I assure you, in taxes.

2. My #@$@^% company changed it's policy in 2007 and that is why we suddenly owe the taxes. Way back when, my company offered short term disability, and if you wanted it, you purchased it for something like $2 a paycheck. Now, if you happened to GO on short term disability (which my company uses for maternity leave) you get 60% of your salary and didn't have to pay taxes on it because you paid the premium. WELL, some of the STUPID FUCKING MORONS that work at my company got injured and discovered that short term disability is useful, but they hadn't signed up for it (because they didn't think they'd need it) and then bitched at the company (like it is someone else's fault they didn't sign up for something they need). Well, this happened to SO MANY STUPID FUCKING people, the company decided to pick up the tab in 2007 and cover everyone. WHICH MEANS THAT NOW THAT INCOME IS TAXED. FUCKING MORONS. AND THEN, the short term disability company did not take NEARLY enough taxes out of my disability checks when I had BabyJ and now I owe. So if people weren't MORONS, my insurance would cost me $52 a year. But now it has cost $2500. PEOPLE ARE SO STUPID - WHY WOULDN'T THEY JUST SIGN UP FOR THE FUCKING INSURANCE IF THEY WANTED IT?? OR AS A SAFETY NET?

When we got the W2 for the 2007 I forgot to include it because I forgot that the way the company handled disability is different now (that part is MY fault). #@$@#%@%$@%@%@

No comments: