February 28, 2007

no rest for the weary...

Well, Monday was Son's 5th birthday party. After being terrified that no one was going to come (the rsvp's came REALLY LATE) then being terrified the snow would keep people away and THEN being terrified that they weren't actually going to show up (some got lost, some went to the wrong ChuckECheese)...it was a GREAT party.
 
And I've decided there is NO REASON to ever have a birthday party at my house again!  Why?  You pay the restaurant, they take care of food, cleanup, setup.  For BabyT's 1 year party, remember I had to clean the whole house, order food, pick up food, setup and then clean up.
 
The price of the party was only SLIGHTLY more than doing it ourselves, and it didn't cause me to clean my house twice (before and after)....which is PRICELESS.
 
So that's the way to go, as far as I'm concerned!
 
BUT now is not the time to rest!
** pick up the house so the cleaning lady can clean tomorrow
** organize my mom's taxes to get in the mail no later than Friday
** pack for our ski trip....
 
Oh did I mention we're going to CO?  And that we are only alotted 2 suitcases for 4 PEOPLE for a WEEK, and that includes ski pants and jackets for Hubby (his are HUGE) and son, as well as snow boots for all four of us?  Egads, how is this going to work?  And, oh, remember that I'll be 33 weeks on Saturday.
 
Oh well, it should be fun once we get there, even if it's a HUGE pain in the butt getting to Friday morning!

No comments: