March 22, 2010

apology

I want to apologize for my harsh generalization in my last post - I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound like that or even say that.  I just don't want to pay for insurance for people who flat out refuse to buy it for themselves.  I'm not talking about people working their way to a better life and need a hand - I'm talking about people who just don't want to use their money for it (until of course, they get really sick and realize what a good idea it would have been) - like some relatives of mine who'd rather use it for car payments because their locality covers their kids for free.

Reading up on it, there is no public option in this bill it seems, just subsidy to help those in lower brackets.  I think they should find a way to make insurers lower costs, not pass out money to meet the high costs.

3 comments:

UCL said...

Apology accepted

And it's true, I know many a person who just wants the handout, and not the hand up. I just get the same attitude from some of my family, like when
I got pregnant with sissy, and my aunt went on a huge rage about how her tax money was paying for my irresponsibility, etc. So its a sore subject for me.

enjanerd said...

I've been reading you a long time now and know where you stand/what you meant in your last post. I'm glad you've had a chance to read up a little.

It does anger me when people take advantage of programs intended to give the hand up (vs. hand out). But I do believe there are a lot of people who do work and still need the extra help. Hard to justify taking away from people like UCL just to punish the moochers. But in that case, it seems like we need to work on a better filtering system.

VHMPrincess said...

Yes - hand up are good. I think there NEEDS to be a system in place to help people when events over take them. ABSOLUTELY.

Getting rid of pre-existing conditions, also A GOOD THING.

At the very least, this gives us a starting point to make things better.