March 23, 2010

Why I am crying and overwhelmed right now.

5:15 a.m. - wake up and get ready for work.
6 a.m. - wake up older son and get him showered and fed for school.
6:30 a.m. - wake up other 2 kids and change their clothes.
6:50 a.m. - Tyler has HUGE meltdown that I bought shoes for the older child but none for him because HIS STILL FIT.
7:10 a.m. bus comes
7:15 am. - we leave late - see: tyler throwing fit about shoes STILL.
7:40 a.m. drive BY my office to drop little kids off.
8 a.m. drop little kids off. Drive BACK the way I came.
8:30 arrive at work
3:30 leave work
4 arrive home - realize can run to store before the sitter leaves, dash to store.
4:30 arrive home. Put away groceries among 3 kids vying for my attention because they haven't seen me all day (mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom).
4:45 fight A LOT with older son about homework. Puzzled by his amazing whininess and flat out refusal to do homework? Every time I start talking with Son, the other 2 start their own fight.
5 p.m. find Son hiding in living room, FAST ASLEEP.
5:15 work on feeding kids fruit, starting dinner.
6 - struggle to wake older child. Feed kids. Burned my own dinner, sneak some of theirs.
7:00 start putting them in bed.
7:30 lights out.

Now all I have left to do is fold SEVEN loads of laundry, prep for tomorrow, work on my mom's taxes, pay bills, wash at least 2 more loads.

Notice there is not ONE MINUTE for me to do any of my stuff or GET SOME FREAKING exercise, which is why I feel gross, which isn't helping MY attitude.

only 53 more days until hubby comes home. Someone shoot me.

1 comment:

UCL said...

I did the single mom thing for a long time with just one, I can't imagine doing it with three, and at ages where you have so much to do, and places to go. Being a single mom with an infant toddler is a whole different story.

I feel for you and hope you figure out a way to retain your sanity for the next 53 days.