May 17, 2006

I don't remember it that way...

My alarm went off at it's usual time, preset to give me enough time to
blow dry my hair (which, BTW, is 4:25 a.m.). I turned off the alarm
but do not remember either laying back down or making a decision to
lay back down (many mornings I <i>will</i> have discussions with
myself about when I should get up vs. when I want to get up).

The next time I looked at the clock, it was the time I would get up if
I did not want to blow dry my hair (BTW, 5:11 a.m.). I cursed and
told my husband that I'd overslept. Once again, I do not remember
making any decision to either lay back down or even the laying back
down.

The next time I looked at the clock, it was 5 minutes past my usual
"leave the house" time (BTW, 5:33 am). Crap. So, I got up finally.

Oh well. It's only my coworkers that have to suffer the visual
assault of the wavy hair. And I got extra sleep out of it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh. That's the time I woke up to feed the baby this morning (4 am) and I was miserably tired. I'd go to work with wavy hair EVERY DAY. Wavy hair is pretty. Sleep is better! :)

Lindsay said...

Hey! Found you through GFF :) *waves* I agree with her too...I have naturally curly hair too...and I much more prefer the hour of sleep over straight hair! That is so stinking early! I thought 6 o'clock a.m. was bad!