September 29, 2008

Girl's Weekend!

So my girls all came into town Friday! I love my girls! Friday night I made a big pasta dinner and we were up drinking and chatting until 3:30 a.m. The kids love my girlfriends and they give the kids lots of attention so everyone had fun (the kids did NOT stay up that late - they had their usual 8 p.m. bedtime!)...

Saturday the kids got up at 6:45, which was brutal. But we all got to hang out all day and relax. Suz brought books for all the kids and Sloan brought over tons of toys and puzzles that her kids have outgrown for my kids.

Saturday night Hubby's parents came over so we could go out to eat - we went to the Lightfoot in Historic Leesburg - it was so AMAZING! It was a fancy wonderful beautiful restaurant - it is a converted old bank and so beautiful inside. Everythingg everyone ordered was so amazing - I had spicy cream of tomato soup with pumpernickel croutons. It was PHENOMONAL! Amazing, super yummy! Then, out of respect for my vegetarian friend I did NOT order the veal steak over sauasage ravioli with mushroom cream sauce (I KNOW, doesn't it sound heavenly??!!) - I got an 8 oz. filet with mashed potatoes and sweet potato fries. And of course, 4 Lightfoot Ales! YUMMY!

Again, we were up until 3 a.m. playing "We love the 80's!", which was TONS of super fun (well, along with several more beers and bottles of wine!)...

Then up again at 7 when the kids got up.

I love my girls. 2 of them are local and I see them more often. 2 are west coasters and we only see each other once or twice a year. But it's just like old times as soon as we all get back together and you'd think we never left the dorms of Virginia Tech!

No comments: