November 06, 2008

not even home yet, and the fighting's started...

Hubby returns later today (Thursday) from a 60 day trip.  Me and the kids - we miss him TERRIBLY.  He is the fun parent - I am all about rules and the following of such, and the keeping of the clean.

He is all about fun - crazy made up games, giving the kids crazy stuff (like candy at 6 p.m. RIGHT before dinner), lots of cuddly tv time.  We are sorely missing out on all these days he's been gone. Halloween decorating would have been WAY overboard, as it usually is when he's home.  Pumpkin patching would have been a much bigger event.  2 parents vs. 1 parent really makes a big difference in how much you can do with the kids (well, for me at least.  Between 3 kids alone AND a job, whew!  Not much energy for extra activities, though I did try really hard!)....

So he comes home tomorrow and is currently on layover waiting for his last flight home.

And I hear my TIVO bleep when I DID NOT push a button.  And a different show loads up.  WHAT THE?  Hubby is at the airport and wants to watch TV and the Slingbox points at the TV I am currently watching!  So we beep at each other trying to undo what the other has done so we can watch what we want!  It's started already and he's not even here!

But seriously - I CANNOT WAIT FOR HIM TO BE HOME!  AND GET MY ARMS AROUND HIM AND HOLD HIM TIGHT.  WELCOME HOME HONEY!

No comments: