December 06, 2005

Practice Time is OVER! (37 Weeks today)

Ok - listen here Mr. Uterus (or Ms. Uterus, if you prefer)...

2 weeks ago, when you were contracting every 3-4 minutes for 8 HOURS I was excited because I thought we were getting somewhere (pls. note, these hours were from 2 a.m. to 10 a.m.). Then my DR said I was still 0 c.m. dialated.

These contractions continued on and off, though not so close together or at night, for another week. Again, DR said I was 0 c.m. dialated.

So, last night's fun and games, from 1 a.m. - 3 a.m. producing mild (but not-so mild I could sleep thru them) contractions every 6 minutes was just plain annoying. I get it - we've "practiced" enough.

Please only commence with contractions if it is the real deal. Thank you. (because now I am REALLY REALLY tired and quite cranky today. I'm generally so tired I need a nap anyway by about 1 p.m. and now I was ready for my nap by 8 a.m.)

No comments: