April 01, 2006

I don't think so pal!

Scene - my house. Lazy Saturday afternoon. ALL THREE boys are sleeping (includes hubby!)...While piddling in Baby T's room, I hear a truck. I look out the window and see one of those trucks that sells furniture out of the back parked on our street, in front of my house and see the driver headed to MY DOORBELL to see if we want to check it out.

Not only do I NOT want to buy any of his crappy, no name furniture, if he rings that doorbell I'm going to have his head. I RACE through the house and rip the door open just as his finger reaches out for the doorbell.

"No thanks - my entire family is sleeping." And shut the door. They are JUST as annoying as telemarketers - what gives him the right to interupt my Saturday at home???

1 comment:

Charlie on the PA Turnpike said...

what gives him the right to interupt my Saturday at home???

Free enterprise + lack of a 'No Trespassing' sign?

I agree with you; if those guys want to park in an empty lot and let people walk up to them, so be it (caveat emptor, I say).

But door-to-door? Keep moving...