April 30, 2006

Think again, young lady!

Well...so much for that idea!

We had a LONG day playing in the cul-de-sac w/the neighbor kids (which left all of us, including the BABY, with sunburn, earning me WORST MOTHER EVER status!) and drinking beer (beer for the big kids only ;-)...Well, at 6:45 p.m. Son falls asleep on the couch so hubby puts him in bed. We look at each other with hopeful eyes - an evening w/out the kids? Dare we dream it so? Since baby T's bedtime is usually 8, it seemed like a very real possibility - then when Baby T was SCREAMING for his bedtime bottle at 7:30, we were almost giddy! Like schoolgirls I tell you!

Well...that was a funny plan, while it lasted. Baby T wouldn't go down until 8:30 p.m., which isn't bad, but Son woke up at 8:10 pretty much beside himself w/crankiness. He fussed and cried all the way into bed at 9 p.m. I hate to see him like that - so tired he can't even stand himself or communicate what might calm him down.

And we're all funny looking tonight because of our sunburns. How Baby T and I got burned I have no idea - Baby T took TWO naps under the umbrella, and then hubby and I took turns sitting UNDER the umbrella with him while we were outside. So imagine our surprise when the redness on his cheeks didn't go away when he cooled down. Of course, my face is ON FIRE as I type this!

No comments: