August 07, 2008

DMV

I hate the DMV.

I had to go Tuesday and renew my license (it expired and the State of Virginia insisted I have a vision test).  That took 35 minutes, plus 20 minutes to get there and 20 minutes to get back.  Really, at my age ( < 40!) I do not NEED A VISION TEST.  SERIOUSLY State of Virginia, thanks for wasting my time.  Shouldn't I just be able to pay a fee and get on with it - ELECTRONICALLY?  Would've saved me time AND gas!  They could say they're going green and NOT MAKING EVERYONE COME DOWN THERE FOR DUMB THINGS.  Hell, even raise the fees, I don't care as long as I don't have to waste my lunch break (I'd much rather be out to lunch!) than heading down there.

So last night my little brother called - Mom's license plates expired.  Since this is my responsibility, and we're going on vacation Saturday (and they are taking Mom's car), I HAVE TO GOTO THE DMV AGAIN TODAY!  ARGH!  Someone shoot me now.

No comments: