May 30, 2004

King of Stalling...

Somehow little son has managed to become the King of Stalling. Upon my changing his diaper and pants to prep for the nap, he declares that he needs to potty. Any good mom w/a toddler in potty training MUST immediately take said child to potty. Then we spend 15 minutes going potty. Then there is choosing the reward. Then eating the reward (if it's candy, sometimes it's a toy trinket). THEN water to wash the candy down (I cannot resist this one because I don't want his teeth to rot)...

Then into the crib. Wait, we need our large race cars. 5 minutes later - can I please have 5 trains? 5 minutes pass...can I have a sticker? Can I have Scoop (of Bob the Builder)...it never ends. When he calls for me, I have to at least acknowlege that he's calling... I have not (and do not) intend to master the "goto sleep" call from the other room. I go in there personally to decline the new request and tell him, once again, to lay down and goto sleep.

Judging from the lack of sounds coming from the baby monitor, he's finally asleep! (note that I've been hearing Scoop talk for the past 5 minutes "I'm ready to go!", "Let's go team!")...

ahhh - quiet, or at least only the sounds of the sound machine in his room...

No comments: