October 27, 2004

Big day...

Here's how my day went yesterday:

  • 9:30 a.m. - arrive at house (remember, closing is at 11 a.m.) - it is still not done.
  • 10:30 - settlement company does not have documents but would like us to come anyway and wait in their office. As I tell the lady on the phone, when pigs fly.
  • 1 p.m. documents arrive at settlement office. Realtor cannot make the newly scheduled settlement at 4:30 - they refuse to move it because that would be "inconvienent".
  • 11 a.m. - arrive at day 2 of my new job and have to tell boss I'm leaving @ 3 p.m.
  • 3 p.m. pick up son to goto settlement (nothing like doing something like that w/ 2 year old in tow)
  • 4:30 - arrive at settlement
  • 5 p.m. start settlement
  • 6 p.m. While leaving settlement to goto newly purchased home, dumb bimbo in a metallic Chysler Concorde LXi rear ends me. We were in stop and go traffic, between 0 and 5 mph. She pushed my huge truck (Yukon XL) into the Honda Pilot in front of me. The police estimate she was traveling at 30-40 mph...based on her huge skid marks. How'd she get going that fast? Anyway, rear bumper is toast, as well as lift gate and rear side window. Front bumper also toast. Nice. People were nice enough to honk at us to move while I was trying to call 911 for the lady that hit me since she had chest pain and could breathe. Nice.
    Her car is quite damaged at caught on fire.
  • 12 a.m. - get to bed after moving stuff all night.
  • 8 a.m. - Get call that Grandfather having chest pains and just rushed to hospital.
  • 12 p.m. - insurance calls. Since I couldn't get the lady's name that hit me or her insurance info, they can't fix my car or get me a rental unless I pay for it and get re-imbursed later. Nice. BUT I can provide them the police report this week to speed that all up (if the police send it, it takes 28 days)...So some of my free time will be taken up to go over to the station and get a copy. Nice.

    Can I send her a bill for
  • my deductible
  • my hourly rate to talk to insurance people, 1 hour with police last night, my drive to the police dept and back, etc
  • my time to clean the shattered glass out of my car
  • the value that my truck loses because she is too busy to watch the f-ing road in front of her?

    As a side note, the house is GREAT if a little sparse. It is so nice to have our own space again!!!!
  • No comments: