August 16, 2005

21 Weeks!

So - what am I like at 21 weeks?

Well, in a nutshell, HUGE!

Long story version:

  • I am very hungry.
  • I am very tired.
  • My belly is HUGE and my belly button is already gone, and after a big meal, even STICKS OUT!
  • I am very tired.
  • It is very difficult for me to pick up my son anymore.
  • It is very difficult to carry anything in front of me (like you would carry a laundry basket in front, on your stomach). Side carrying is not comfy either, so I usually ask hubby (who is GREAT about offering before I ask) to do these carrying tasks.
  • It is not possible to roll over in my sleep - it requires waking to roll - it is very odd to always wake up in the same position you went to sleep in. On that note, I am getting tired of sleeping on my left side (the suggested position for women over 4 months).
  • I can make the baby move/kick by laying on my left or right side. Also by pressing gently on the left or right side of my belly. Very cool. He also moves a lot when I'm sitting in my desk chair and I lean forward too much (I'm assuming I'm cutting in on his living space).
  • I am BEAT after walking up a flight of stairs.
  • I am SO EXCITED about the going to gym w/a personal trainer when this is done so I can whip back into shape. I'm going to ask for the toughest, meanest trainer they have.
  • I would REALLY LOVE a ham and cheese sandwich right now, and it sucks that I have to wait until the end of DECEMBER to have one. (though I wouldn't trade it for the world!)
  • I cannot get in and out of my husband's car (it sits too low to the ground and the seats are too bucket-like).
  • Having to squat for more than 1 second is painful (like to put on my son's shoes).
  • I'm so excited about new fall maternity clothes! I'm already tired of my summer ones! Apparently, all I bought for summer for work was white and black, which I just noticed today!
  • I love to hear the baby's heartbeat on my home doppler (I could find the heartbeat starting at 7w4d, but couldn't HEAR it on the doppler until more recently). It is SO AMAZING - I get awed and forget to turn off the doppler right away.
  • Breasts are still killing me - and are quite large - I'm up one full cup size.
  • Sense of smell is still quite amazing.
  • Also addicted to buying the baby new clothes, even though he won't really need much, since he'll be born almost exactly the same time as my first son. I cannot resist, have you seen the new Gymboree stuff? It's like MommyCrack.

    Ok...off to get a water refill and find something to eat.
  • 3 comments:

    enjanerd said...

    What's with the ham and cheese thing? You can't eat that while you're pregnant?

    Sara said...

    Yeah, I want to know that, too. Discuss with us!

    PS - I am glad all is going well!

    Unknown said...

    oooh mommy crack! I'm all about that!

    I loved this post!!! Save it for your little one to read one day.