February 02, 2005

Remember, it is not all about you...

Ok. So to get into our parking garage here at work, one must have a keycard that you hold against the reader and it raises the bar to let you in.

In the morning, there is usually a line of cars waiting to get in. You drive up, get in line, and wait your turn.

This morning was no exception.

Dumbass in front of me waits in this line, then pulls up for his turn for entry into the parking garage. I notice that he's on his cell phone as he's pulling forward to the card reader. Uh-oh, I think. I know exactly what's going to happen. I'm like a Jedi like that.

He pulls forward. Doesn't roll down window and continues to talk.

??????????????????? He must've felt the hot holes I was burning thru his skull because before I finally lost it and started honking (I always try to avoid being obnoxious in our parking garage because, well, you never know who you might be yelling at...and I'm not willing to let it rip on a VP if I can help it) he slowly rolls down window and holds out his keycard to the reader.

Hello? Mr., the world should not have to wait for you to finish your conversation. If you want to chat, that's fine, either put the phone DOWN or, when you notice your turn is coming up, get off the DAMN PHONE.

That is all. For a little bit there, he must've thought it was all about him. I. Don't. Think. So. Pal.

No comments: