July 13, 2005

Bikini Bottoms!!!!!

Whew. Just got back from shopping (yes, my work day is exhausting)...

I had previously purchased a maternity swimsuit for wearing w/son to the pool/beach/etc.

The first time I wore it, I thought I was going to die until I could get it off. For some reason, the manufacturer thought women should were the bikini bottom all the way up to the underside of their breasts. Because that. Sounds comfortable. NOT.

With the upcoming girls weekend, we are planning on taking the kiddos to the pool, or at least lounging in the backyard w/the kiddie pool and I needed something that didn't feel like it was choking me....

Off to the mall...

First stop: Nordstrom. I know they sell bikinis in pieces, so you can buy the correct size top and bottom (lots of women are size A on top and size B on bottom)...what a great idea (of course, when I was a teen, and into just wearing a bikini top as a shirt, this was also a great $$ saving place! Classy, huh?)...
And I found TWO little black bikini bottoms that should work! Thank goodness, because honestly, I was going to wear shorts to the pool or put on an old bikini (which NO ONE wants to see me in now, I promise) because I was not putting on the bottom that came w/the bathing suit. No way, no how.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good thinking!! I've also seen that mixed pieces are really in this season. Very cute :)