January 27, 2006

Friday Update...

Saw this last night The Pasta Express. Please. Even I can boil water and make pasta - is this gadget really, really necessary??!! They say one of the big advantages is that you don't have to break the spaghetti noodles in half - is this a big problem?

Also - I LOVE MY WASHING MACHINE. When my first son was born, my MotherInLaw broke my washer - so we bought the Kenmore HE3T front loading machine. I LOVE IT. Last night, Baby T pooped. So I was changing him and took the old diaper off and he was laying on his outfit and the changing pad when he POOPED SOME MORE. And got that dark brown/green baby poop all over his NEW white baby outfit (a gift) and the changing pad cover. UGH. THEN I rubbed it in really good trying to wipe it all off. So I poured Dreft right on the stains and threw them in my wshing machine. Checked them this morning, not even one hint of a stain! How fabulous!! I have said, not one item of our clothing has stains on it, no matter what the stain. I've gotten out ground in mud, blood, poop, vomit, red juice, carrot juice, ketchup, BBQ sauce, etc. Next time you need a washer, I highly recommend it. Also, it is SO GENTLE on clothes because of the way they designed the drum. Our clothes never look old by the time we're done wearing them (either because they are out of style or outgrown)... Oh, I remmeber, the deck stain my hubby got on his shirt didn't come out. That's one stain. :-)

2 comments:

Charlie on the PA Turnpike said...

Watch the ad again, note how they claim boiling vegetables and pouring off the water preserves the vitamins.... huh??

overactive-imagination said...

YAY! I am SO glad that I saw this post. My dryer broke and I had to go to the laundrymat (UGH). The one I went to had a front load washer for $5 a load but I used it anyway because it held alot more clothes than the others.
I have this pair of orange cotton shorts that I LOVE and used to wear them all the time because my daughters high school colors were orange and blue. ANYWAY.... I washed them accidentally about a year ago with a brand new pair of jeans, ever since then they have been that murky blueish orange color. (for over a year and MANY washings)
They were in the frontload washer and came out bright orange just like the day I bought them.
I have SO decided to buy a frontloader set but can't decide which brand.
All that just to say .thanks for the info.
:o)
Dawn