November 24, 2004

Happy Birthday Daddy....

I just noticed the date.
 
It's my father's birthday today.  He would have been 58, if he was still here.
 
I am a terrible daughter for just remembering today.  Even worse is that he's buried so far away, I have no hope of going to see him today.  I miss him so much.  It is horribly unfair that my son is robbed of what would've been the greatest GrandDad to ever live.  He was born after my father passed away.  His life would have benefited so much from the love and attention he'd have gotten from Granddad.  To all of you that smoke out there, please stop.  Not for you, but for those that love you and will have to take care of you and watch you suffer.  I would never wish having to watch a loved one die of Lung Cancer on anyone.  It is a terrible thing, and totally preventable.  My father had quit 10 years before he was diagnosed w/Stage 3 Lung Cancer.   Six weeks later, he was gone.
 
Happy Birthday Daddy, I love you.  I miss you.  Maybe tonight you'll visit me in my dreams and we can catch up.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

[[hugs]]

reading this post brought tears to my eyes... I'm so sorry you lost your Daddy. Your son will get to know him through your memories.

My Grandad died 4 years ago, and I'll never forget walking in on my mom sobbing hysterically, repeating over and over, "My daddy's gone, my daddy's gone."

OK, now I'm really crying, my coworkers are looking at me funny. Happy birthday to your dad, and may his memory live on through you.