May 26, 2005

The Interview Game!

This is a game I got from Sara...

I answered her questions and you dear readers ask me to ask YOU questions! Fun? Of course!! Whoe doesn't want to read about ME?

1.If you could change one thing about your body, what would you change?

I would change my ability to run. At my best, I can run no more than 3 times a week, 4 miles at a time, max. I simply do not have a runners body - I get shin splints and have even gotten 2 stress fractures in my ankle and 1 in my back vertebrae. I believe, this would fix the pouchy belly problem I have, if I could run more. It is the most satisfying exercise I've found.

2.If you could have a $1,000 gift certificate to ANY store, what store would it be and why?

This is a complicated one. Being an engineer, I have a couple of different answers based on different assumptions.

  • Any store, for anybody? I'd get the gift certificate from the jewelry store where my mom saw this diamond ring she really wants. She wants it so badly. She is asking only for cash for all her Mother's Day, birthday, and Christmas gifts. My Dad was not into buying jewelry, so she doesn't have any truly amazing pieces, which I think is sad and I'd love to help her get it.

  • Any store, must be for myself? I think I'm going to have to go the jewelry route as well. For me, the idea of acquiring fabulous pieces (of which I currently have 1, the necklace hubby gave me when my son was born) so that I can leave them to my children, along with the stories of why the piece is important, is very exciting. I think I'd like to get an anniversary band, with the hopes that one day it would be the wedding ring of one of my grandchildren.

    3. What is the most romantic thing your husband has ever done for you?

    This is a tough one - hubby really is fabulous and doing nice things for me all the time. I'm going to have to go with his "official" wedding proposal. We had already "decided" to get married (we were already living together and had bought a house) and were in the process of selecting rings, VIA MAIL, from a custom jewelry shop in Park City, UT. Yes, they just shipped us diamond rings to try on with NO DEPOSIT! When my ring finally came, sized just for me, he intercepted it, ran out under the guise of having to feed his mother's cats and got me roses so he could do it properly, on bended knee, flowers and ring in hand.

    His original proposal was only 2 months after we went on our first date. We were at the Dave Matthews Concert in August (started dating June 5, 1995). We were having such a good time he just asked me. I was thrilled, to say the least!

    Runners Up:
  • surprise day at the spa 4 weeks after my son was born
  • roses when I woke up on Valentine's Day morning when my Dad was in the hospital for his lung cancer, knowing that was the only time I'd be home until midnight that day

    4. What food soothes you in times of stress?

    Chocolate or chips and french onion dip. Or ice cream. Or McDonalds. I'm really not picky, I just like to eat!

    5. Which oh-powerful-woman-of-blogging to you feel you are most like or drawn to? (of the blogs that you read regularly.)
    I feel most drawn to (as much as I like to think I'm like her, no way) Michele. Hands down. She is a fabulous writer. She covers all sorts of topics, and covers them well. I love to read not only her thoughts on things, but her fiction stories as well. She is very grounded and a lot of our opinions on things are the same, but she expresses them so much more eloquently than I ever could.

    Ok - who wants to play?? Leave a comment that says you're in!
  • 1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Great answers!