August 25, 2004

Phone Call...

I decide to call my Mom to see how son is doing this morning, since I went to work.

Son answers phone: Hello.
Me: Hi Son!
Son: Mommy?
Me: Yes, it's Mommy
Son: You are not here?
Me: No, I'm at work
Son: so you are far away?
Me: yes
Son: where
Me: at work
Son: no, where
Me: oh, Herndon
Son: ok
Me: did u have breakfast?
Son: yes - sausage, two toast, bagel, milk, water
Me: was it good?
Son: yes
Me: what is Grammy doing?
Son: cutting meat for your dinner
Me: can you put her on the phone please? (NOTE: he doesn't hang the phone up right, so in order to not have it just sit off the hook, I need my Mom (Grammy) to hang it up)
Son (puts phone down): Grammy! I need you to pick up phone!
(Sounding farther away) Grammy! I need you to pick up phone!
(Sounding farther away) Grammy! I need you to pick up phone!

As Great Grandmom said before she passed away, we can have conversations with him, "he is good company". And he's only TWO.

No comments: