August 18, 2004

Shameless...

I am a reality TV addict. Ok...Maybe I'm just a TV addict (is 2 TIVOs too many?)...But I focus my addiction on reality TV (though some shows, like "Six Feet Under" keep me coming back too (and "Nip/Tuck", and any documentary, and any new movie I can find)...

My list and some comments that I'm sure you need to make your day complete:
Extreme Home Makeover : love it! Though some of the people just seem more like slobs than people that need a free house-redo...some of them really deserve it though (the kids that lost both parents, the wife that lost husband after long battle with cancer)...

Big Brother 5 : Hubby hates this one. I cannot resist the urge to simply watch other people living and wondering what drives them to act the way they do...Why do the larger percentage of people on this season (and the previous 4) not wash their hands after using the bathroom? What does someone truly look like when they lose their mind? Are people like Jase & Scott really that delusional? Do women REALLY sleep with them and find them attractive? Think they are smart? Really?

Dr. Phil : Love this show! I'm tied to the show in general, but really tied to the Dr. Phil family versions - they have 2 - a family falling apart w/a teen daughter that had a baby and another family where the wife cheated on the husband (note, husband number three) and got pregnant with baby number 5...Now she's pregnant with baby number SIX (supposedly with hubby)...

Six Feet Under : absolutely love it, can't live without it. I found it right after my family was rocked by the sudden death of my father... I was fascinated by it and all the death. Now I'm just hooked because it's an interesting show.

Deadwood : found this one by 'accident' on HBO. Love it - love it more because it apparently is quite accurate and that just about counts as reality TV - that these people really existed and generally possibly acted like that fascinate me!

More later if I get the feeling like anybody read/liked my reviews! Don't get me started on Survivor!

No comments: